Logo Kanton Bern / Canton de BerneUniversities of Bern Counselling Centre


The term «outgoing students» refers to students and researchers from Switzerland who wish to study or work within Switzerland – at a university other than the Universities of Bern – or abroad. You will find helpful information for this group here.

Universities of Bern

Further contact points and information

Financial support

If you need financial support for a study or stay abroad, you can find out about scholarships. What kind of applications are there? How do I apply? The «swissuniversities» webpage provides answers to these and other questions.

Information on scholarships and foundations that may pay towards a stay abroad can be found on our page on foundations and funds (see specifically «Swiss State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation» for dissertation projects and «Stiftung der Deutschen Wirtschaft» for persons with a connection to Germany). 

Financial and academic support for students and doctoral candidates can also be found on the webpage of the University of Bern:

  • Study + campus life (overview) 

  • Financing your studies (overview) 

Share this page