People differ from each other, and they differ in a variety of ways; in their social background, their gender identity, their ethnic origin, their age, their sexual orientation, their religion or also their disabilities and abilities. Diversity policies consider diversity to be an enrichment.
The Universities of Bern strive to ensure equal opportunities for their students and staff. Diversity is seen as an opportunity and a resource and contributes to the special quality of Swiss research and teaching.
- Study and disabilityResources for studying with a disability
- Gender and sexual diversityMeaning of LGBTQIA+ and references to useful information
- DiscriminationHow to deal with discrimination or any suspicion of it and what support services are available
- Sexual harassmentHow to recognise and respond to harassment: Tips, contact points and more comprehensive information
- Legal adviceUseful addresses and relevant specialised agencies